Workout buddies

Photo credit: ThinkSoul25

 Normally, I stick to the hard and fast rule of "No workout buddies, unless it's for a race". This has served me well, since sometimes, you want to be able to take your time on the treadmill, lift weights, do ab exercises, etc., without actually socializing with another person. Sometimes, it's nice to just be. However, there are other times when it's nice to have the camaraderie of another person sweating next to you on the treadmill. That person appreciates the fact that you dragged yourself out of bed at 6AM to make it to the gym and, therefore, does not judge you when you text, "OMG! I JUST WANT BACON" at 10AM. True story.


Recently, my friend Mike and I have been working out together, as one does when they live a solid 10 minute walk from one another, and, because our schedules don't necessarily align, we always workout at the crack of dawn. Literally, I'm up at 5:30AM-6:30AM (depending on the day/the level of lazy we both are) for our workouts, so that we can get it out of the way and carry on with the rest of our day. While I'm not one of those people that needs to stick to a specific gym time to make sure that I get it in, but I must say that I appreciate going through my day knowing that I don't need to slog through a workout at the end of the day. That being said, below are the songs that are getting me through this week's runs. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wouldn't admit this to anyone but you guys

Puffins, Seals, and Glaciers, OH MY!

Let’s just talk about the elephant in the room…