Valentine's Day hangover

Love me, love me
Ahhh, Valentine's Day. Or, Galentine's day, depending on whether you are so persuaded. The day that makes otherwise confident woman feel mopey and puts most guys on edge.

I've never really been one for Valentine's Day, outside of the tasty chocolates. Those I love. However, when a co-worker pointed out to me that if I wait a day (not my strong suit, but I gave it a whirl) all of the Valentine's Day candy is AT LEAST 50% off. I officially became ALL ABOUT VALENTINE"S DAY. However, for those not entirely food motivated, Valentine's Day can be nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing, and all around crummy. But, never fear, VERMONT TEDDY BEAR IS HERE!!!

I'm not even joking guys, there were MULTIPLE commercials for this life size teddy bear a couple of days before Valentine's Day. Tag line being, "Why get her flowers or chocolate, when you can get her a large Vermont Teddy bear??" You have to almost feel sorry for the guy or girl that really thinks this is better than chocolate. Though, perhaps, you should feel sorrier for me since I'm completely food-motivated. The jury's still out on that one. Though, the bear did look soft and cuddly....Life-size, no thanks. Regular-sized, yes, maybe...probably.

What I ended up doing was getting some reading done for my grad school class, making guacamole and baking copious (seriously, COPIOUS) amounts of baked goods with some friends, while washing it all down with some bubbly. We watched a terrible movie starring a gorgeous French actor and the redhead from Selfie (any chance any of you have seen that show before it went off the air?). Very good all around. So good that we missed the fact that it decided to snow 3 inches while we were making fun of the movie that we were watching. A day well spent I'd say. And, I didn't even need to wait for the 50% off candy.

So, tell me, what are your VDay traditions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wouldn't admit this to anyone but you guys

Puffins, Seals, and Glaciers, OH MY!

Let’s just talk about the elephant in the room…