What you got in that fridge?


So, I have to be honest with you guys right now and just put it out on the line---I'm incredibly nosy. INCREDIBLY. I love knowing what type of beauty products celebrities use, what gym bags they tote their stuff in, and etc. But, I have to say that one of my favorite posts on Well + Good  is when they take a peek into celebrities, and non-celebrity, fridges. There's something about seeing what people eat that is very fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I'm curious about what everyone is eating and wearing (more on that another time), but for some reason, you can really tell a lot about a person from what they decide to purchase at the supermarket. Whenever I'm in the grocery store, I generally have blinders on or am impatiently waiting to get cashed out, so I tend not to notice then, but YES, these posts really speak to me. Well + Good did a post about Prince's fridge and found that he has a llama egg in his fridge. A LLAMA EGG people. You can't make that stuff up. Anyway, since I've been a lurker for far too long, here's a peak into mine.

(Inside the fridge)

(Front of fridge)
 Disclaimer, I received my weekly CSA box right before I took these photos, so things inside are a bit fuller than they would've normally appeared. Anyway, on to the contents!

TOP SHELF: Pesto, pine nut hummus, container of Greek yogurt, Salsa and baking soda (for any lingering odors). Honestly, I feel as though I have great intentions when I buy things: I'll eat healthier, I'll think of more interesting recipes, or not leave things in my fridge past the expiration date, and, inevitably, I don't eat the hummus, so it goes bad, I nosh on the Greek yogurt for breakfast and am instantly hungry again, and I can never think of anything to put Pesto on other than pasta and spaghetti squash. Though, after writing that, I just had about 3 different tasty ideas. Go figure.

MIDDLE SHELF: So....I broke the cute little cheese drawer in my fridge trying to stuff another type of cheese in it, that's why it's taking up half the space. Inside that, there's a loaf of bread, goat cheese, meringues from Bermuda, corn tortillas, and sharp cheddar cheese. Then, there's almond milk for smoothies, a pot of leftover rice (sorry, I'm lazy), packages of dandelion sprouts, cherry tomatoes, and a ziploc bag of half a lemon.

THIRD SHELF: My Brita (I love you Brita!), 2 beers remaining from a mixed six-pack of Dos Equis and Corona, shallots, parsnips, and a HUGE bag of kale. The mixed six-pack came from contributions that I made to a house party, which ended about 15 mins after I got there, so I might have helped myself to some of my offerings.... Also, can we talk about how shallots are amazing and I've completely undervalued their worth??? Sorry, I made a combo of shallots, kale, and brussel sprouts the other day and it was SIMPLY AMAZING. TASTY TREAT. Anyway, veggie offerings are from the CSA box mentioned earlier.

FRUIT AND VEGGIES SHELVES: I know that the fruit side looks a little sad and dismal, but that is probably due to the fact that I eat a ton of fruit and there weren't that many in this week's CSA bag and I'd eaten all of my Harris Teeter reserves. Veggie side is filled with brussel sprouts, squash, potatoes, yams, scallions and some vine tomatoes (I'd purchased them previously).

SIDE OF DOOR: Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a little bit of a Chinese takeout condiments hoarder. So, sue me. Those tasty spicy mustards are just MY JAM, ok?There's also about 4 different types of hot sauce, emergency chocolate syrup, margarine, minced garlic, sour cream (which has since been thrown out. The sell by date was March 30, 2014. Whoops!), spaghetti sauce, various types of dressings, margarita mix, apple juice, and cider.

The outside of my fridge is festooned with postcards from friends from whichever country they're traveling to. I love receiving snail mail, so I highly encourage friends to send me postcards. Also, what people write on postcards tend to be a snapshot into the very second they chose to send you one, so it's nice to feel like you were on a part of their trip. I also have coupons for various stores and magnets from my alma mater (Go Pitzer!), different running events, and random restaurants up there as well.

So, what do you have in your fridge and how much of that speaks to your personality??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I can't just eat french fries and bagels the entire time?

I wouldn't admit this to anyone but you guys

Let’s just talk about the elephant in the room…